Thus far, Apple Music’s ‘Up Next’ program has picked emerging artists from across the world for promotion on the streaming service, with a global focus. Now it’s going local too. Apple is expanding the program for individual regions, kicking off with the US, UK, Japan, France, Germany, Mexico, Russia, India, Canada, Australia, South Africa and […]
The post Apple expands its ‘Up Next’ program for emerging artists appeared first on Music Ally.
Source: Music ally
- 17 août 2020Trump sets new deadline of 12 November for TikTok US saleEarlier this month, President Trump set a 45-day deadline after which transactions by US companies with ByteDance or Tencent's WeChat would be banned.
That was seen as a deadline for a […] Posted in News, US, Bytedance, TikTok
- 24 juin 2019Spotify’s relationship with publishers hits the rocks – againA new Spotify / music publishing story broke on Friday, but there’s a bigger picture here: the increasingly-dispiriting story of the streaming service’s approach towards the publishing […] Posted in News, Spotify, publishing, Songwriters, NMPA, publishers, Royalties, Revenues, CRB
- 15 février 2021Universal Music Group to go public with Amsterdam listingThe London Stock Exchange may be the listing venue of choice for companies like Hipgnosis and Round Hill Music, but Universal Music Group will be going public on a different European […] Posted in News, Universal Music, vivendi, IPOs, UMG, stock market
- 24 avril 2019The Dry Streams ParadoxAre you frustrated with the size of your fanbase? Tired of banging your head against a brick wall with ticket and merchandise sales? Unable to reconcile your streaming figures with the […] Posted in Marketing, digital marketing, Sandbox, Sandbox Summit, New York, streaming, Conference, Sandbox Summit 2019
- 3 février 2020Gaana milestone raises eyebrows, but it’s almost certainly a typoImagine Music Ally’s surprise this morning when we read in a Wall Street Journal profile of Indian music streaming service Gaana that it now attracts ‘152 million monthly users’. Surprise, […] Posted in News, India, Gaana, streaming
- 16 septembre 2020The Chainsmokers launch their own VC fund with $35m to investConcerts with disputed social-distancing safety measures didn't work out so well for EDM duo The Chainsmokers. Perhaps venture capital will go better.
Alex Pall and Drew Taggart are […] Posted in News, Funding, The Chainsmokers