In early 2019 Spotify opened up its flagship algo-personalised playlist, Discover Weekly, to brand sponsorships. However, so far the option for advertisers to sponsor the playlist has only been tested in North America and Latin America, as well as the UK.
Now it’s crossing the seas to Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Nine countries, to be specific: Austria, Belgium, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Switzerland and Turkey. So, not the biggest markets in mainland Europe yet, but an expansion nonetheless.
The post Spotify expands Discover Weekly sponsorship to EMEA countries appeared first on Music Ally.
Source: Music ally
- 10 juillet 2020Spotify’s Discover Weekly has driven 2.3bn hours of listeningSpotify's algorithm tried to make us stream R3HAB and we said... yes, yes, yes!
The streaming service is celebrating the fifth birthday of its algo-personalised 'Discover Weekly' playlist […] Posted in News, Spotify, playlists, R3hab, Discover Weekly
- 8 janvier 2019Spotify opens Discover Weekly playlist up to brand sponsorshipSpotify has a new way for brands to spend money with the company: by sponsoring its Discover Weekly algo-personalised playlist on the streaming service’s free tier. “For the first time, we […] Posted in News, Spotify, playlists, Brand Partnerships, Discover Weekly
- 23 septembre 2020Lorem, Pollen and Oyster: how Spotify’s genreless playlists are ‘driven by culture’Playlists have become a hugely important part of the music streaming world, and many of them have a tightly-curated theme, be it a musical genre or a specific mood or activity.
Not all, […] Posted in News, Spotify, playlists, mxmtoon, Sandbox Summit Global, Lorem, Oyster, Pollen
- 26 mars 2019Some of Spotify’s programmed playlists will now be personalisedUntil now, there's been a clear split within Spotify's own playlists: some are programmed by humans – the streaming service's editorial team – and others by algorithms: its personalised […] Posted in News, Marketing, Spotify, playlists
- 5 février 2020KFC took over artist profiles to get ads on Spotify PremiumWho said Spotify’s premium tier is advertising-free? KFC Arabia has found a way around that, taking over the profiles of three artists in a campaign run by advertising agency Memac Ogilvy. […] Posted in News, Marketing, digital marketing, Spotify, playlists, KFC, Brand Partnerships, marketing campaigns
- 10 décembre 2019Deezer signs its first telco deal in the MENA regionThe Middle East and North Africa (MENA) is one of the regions – like Latin America – where Deezer sees an opportunity to compete strongly against its larger global rivals. A $185m funding […] Posted in News, Deezer, telcos, Middle East, Africa, mena