Is it time to bid a fond farewell to the position of Q4 as the kingpin period of music revenues? A feature on Variety suggests that it might.
The post Q2-Q3 may be the new Q4 according to Republic Records appeared first on Music Ally.
Source: Music ally
- 20 août 2018Nicki Minaj hits out at Spotify after Queen album misses #1 in the USNicki Minaj isn’t happy with Spotify at all. But this isn’t an argument about royalties: it’s about her new album ‘Queen’ only getting to number two in the US chart in its week of release, […] Posted in News, Spotify, Apple Music, shade, Beats 1, Nicki Minaj, Republic Records
- 9 juillet 2018Drake ‘Scorpion’ album does more than 1bn first-week streamsThis is where we’re at in the evolution of music-streaming: a single album has been streamed more than 1bn times in its first week after release. That album, of course, is Drake’s […] Posted in News, Online video, Data, US, drake, UGC
- 9 août 2018Drake hits 50bn streams milestone: here’s how that breaks down for Spotify, Apple Music and YouTubeUniversal Music’s Republic Records has announced the latest digital milestone for Drake: he’s “the first artist to surpass 50 billion streams across all global streaming platforms”. The […] Posted in News, Data, YouTube, Milestones, Spotify, Apple Music, Universal Music, drake
- 28 février 2018Live Nation reported record revenues of $10.3bn for 20172017 was a good year for Live Nation in financial terms, with the live-entertainment giant’s revenues rising by 24% to $10.3bn last year, according to its latest financial results. 86 […] Posted in News, Data, Financials, Live, ticketing, ticketmaster, Live Nation, Secondary ticketing
- 8 octobre 2018Sandbox Issue 213: Single-Minded. What Actually is a Single in 2018?Lead: what exactly is a single in 2018? When any song can technically take on a life of its own now, there is a dizzying diversification in what could count as a single. We work through […] Posted in Spotify, Instagram, Sandbox, playlists, Podcasts, BBC, INgrooves, 2018, Ariana Grande, pop-up, Boy Pablo, Elle King, Jean Michel Jarre, marketing campaigns, single
- 10 septembre 2018Sandbox Issue 211: At The Sharp End. What To To (and not do) When a Song Suddenly SpikesLead: Songs can spike for a multitude of reasons – and often the spike is part of the marketing plan and therefore anticipated (or at least hoped for). But songs can also spike for […] Posted in Data, Instagram, Sandbox, campaign, social, catalogue, streaming, Ariana Grande, audience segmentation, Deckstar, John Coltrane, legacy, segmentation, Sweetener, The Appreciation Engine, The Kooks, Travis Scott, Verve Label Group, viral hits